While it may seem hard at first, you can succeed with internet marketing given you have a great desire to learn, you are taking massive action, you've found a mentor, and you're building relationships.
Sometimes you might find yourself doing things that are counterproductive to your true desire to be an internet marketing success. It's time for a reality check.
Are you doing any of these?
Only download FREE products.
You don't want to have to pay for anything if you can get it for free, right? Even if you have to spend a lot of time finding the free information.
Start off by jumping right into the "internet marketing" niche as your niche of choice.
IM is an interesting niche; why not try to pass yourself off as an expert when you don't know anything yet?
Learn everything by yourself.
You like to be your own island and you're a DIYer. Besides, none of the successful marketers are likely to answer any questions you might have. They're too important.
Spend a lot of time on forums.
You're not stupid; you know you can learn a lot on forums. Why, there's so much information there you'll never be able to read it all. But you're going to try.
Have plenty of ideas and starts, but don't complete anything.
You loved your idea in the beginning, but then you just get, well... bored with it and never finish it up and get it out the door. Plus, it's not perfect yet and perfection is necessary.
Don't ever follow the advice in the PDF report you just read.
While it might be true that people have become very successful using the methods explained in the report, they won't work for you because of your unique circumstances.
Seminars are for stupid people.
Those things are just a pitch fest anyway. Why should you waste your time and money?
Jump around to different business models quickly and often.
You tried one method of making money online (for one whole week) and it didn't work, so now you're trying another one that's going to be just the thing.
Obviously I'm being very tongue-in-cheek here, but did you feel just a little uncomfortable regarding some of them?
Turn this around and...
- Download only quality information even if it's not free as it can save you time searching and be exactly what you need right now.
- Think about positioning yourself as an expert in a niche you are an expert in and go after the profits there first.
- You can go above and beyond with your learning by asking others. Don't reinvent the wheel. Not every guru will have time to answer your questions, but there are many successful marketers who will. Build relationships!
- Learning from forums is fine, but you don't have to read everything. Limit your time on forums and don't mistake reading forums as taking action.
- Abandon your goal of complete perfection and get your product out there already. You can't make any money from it if you don't go live with it. You can continue to tweak it even if it is already on the market.
- Swallow your excuses. Many a marketer has come from very poor odds and gone on to successfully make money on the Internet.
- Seminars are a great way to build relationships and create joint venture partnerships that can be quite lucrative. And you could learn a thing or two from watching how the speakers market themselves and their products.
- Pick a business model and don't quit unless you've given it all you've got and then some. You have to own that business model, not just dabble in it.
To Your Success!